While it goes down the same path as ‘Dancing On My Own’, ‘Hang With Me’, which begs for platonic friendship with the warning ‘Just don’t, fall, recklessly helplessly in love with me.’ It’s about needing companionship in the most basic and real of forms, and accordingly, Robyn strips back the electronica and the beats to push out what I still believe to be the defining performance of her career. In 2012, any bedroom producer can start their own label and distribute their material on Soundcloud or Bandcamp. "[14] MTV News named the song the twenty-first best of 2010, with James Montgomery calling it a "rather fragile, heartbreaking exploration of those first tentative steps into (or out of) love". 1. Have a listen to Katy Perry’s third single ‘Firework’? "[20], "Hang with Me" debuted at number seven on the Sverigetopplistan chart, the issue dated 27 August 2010, becoming Robyn's eighth top ten hit on the chart. "When my patience wearing thin, When I'm ready to give in. [25] The song also reached number sixty-eight in Germany,[26] and number ten on the US Hot Dance Club Songs chart. Songs that seem to glorify violence against women are often misinterpreted - but not always. Plus its much better edited. Robyn performed the acoustic version of the song on an episode of Gossip Girl, and included it on the set list for the Body Talk Tour (2010–11). "Pitchfork: The Playlist: Robyn - "Hang With Me, "Robyn to Continue Working in Mini-Album Format", "Less is more for Swedish singer Robyn's future", "Robyn's 'Hang With Me' Video: The Key Scene", "Robyn Offers A Shoulder On Her "Hang With Me" Single Cover", "Robyn's "Hang With Me" Single Mix: Fall Recklessly, Helplessly In Love With It Now", "Music - Singles Review - Robyn: 'Hang With Me, "Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: Music Reviews :: Review - Robyn: Hang With Me", "Rick Ross Kicks Off MTV News' Top 25 Songs Of 2010", Swedishcharts.com – Robyn – Hang with Me", Norwegiancharts.com – Robyn – Hang with Me", "Robyn Does Right By iHeartRadio, Rocks "Hang With Me" Live", "Robyn Sings 'Hang With Me' and 'Dancing on My Own' on 'Gossip Girl, "Robyn talks tonight's 'Gossip Girl' guest spot, the 'Body Talk' trilogy, and her gay following: An EW Q&A", "Robyn - Hang With Me - MP3 Single-Download", "Robyn - Hang With Me MP3 music downloads", Offiziellecharts.de – Robyn – Hang With Me (2track)", "Robyn - Hang With Me Téléchargements MP3", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Hang_with_Me&oldid=967845142, Pages containing links to subscription-only content, Pages using infobox song with unknown parameters, Singlechart usages for Billboardeuropeanhot100, Singlechart usages for Billboarddanceclubplay, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, "Hang with Me" (Kaiserdisco Remix) – 8:35, "Hang with Me" (Tim Bergling And Avicii's Exclusive Club Edit) – 3:44, "Hang with Me" (Avicii's Exclusive Club Mix) – 7:15, "Hang with Me" (Kaiserdisco Remix) – 8:34, "Hang with Me" (Pumped By Hot City) – 4:00, "Hang with Me" (Avicii's Exclusive Club Mix) – 7:14, This page was last edited on 15 July 2020, at 17:28. She spoke of the appearance with Entertainment Weekly, saying, "[I have] no lines, but there's a little bit of interaction with me and someone—it was more reacting, because we didn’t really act too much."[36]. "Hang with Me" is a song by Swedish recording artist Robyn, taken from her sixth studio album, Body Talk Pt. Co-written by the same powerhouse responsible for the Britneys and Christinas of the world, the song made her instantly popular in the US when she was still a teenager. It all depends on the person, his or her energy, and to what elements the person is aligned. So we started there and he kept writing the song while we were recording, and it came out great. The clip shows scenes from concerts, her tour bus, in-store appearances and Robyn's sightseeing in London. [4] In an interview with Gary Graff of The Macomb Daily, she spoke of covering Bruna's song and altering the lyrics, "It didn’t have a chorus when we started working on it. Three substantially different versions of the track were released - a midtempo album version in support of her fifth studio album Body Talk Pt. People who have a lot of air signs in their astrological chart tend to get our winged friends sent to them. So we started there and he kept writing the song while we were recording, and it came out great. "Hang with Me" was written and produced by Klas Åhlund, and was originally recorded by Åhlund's then-wife, Paola Bruna, for her debut studio album Stockcity Girl (2002). [34] She performed the acoustic version during a birthday party on the 1 November 2010 episode of Gossip Girl. and "Dancing on My Own". Montgomery pointed out that "Robyn cautions us not to fall “recklessly, headlessly” in love with her, but when she makes songs as good as “Hang With Me,” it's sort of difficult not to. Call us crazy, but we like it when an artist comes around who doesn't mesh with the status quo. [...] I wanted a video which connected back through the touring which I’m doing all year. Åhlund re-wrote it, added a chorus and made it more uptempo for Robyn's version. "Pitchfork: The Playlist: Robyn - "Hang With Me, "Robyn to Continue Working in Mini-Album Format", "Less is more for Swedish singer Robyn's future", "Robyn's 'Hang With Me' Video: The Key Scene", "Robyn Offers A Shoulder On Her "Hang With Me" Single Cover", "Robyn's "Hang With Me" Single Mix: Fall Recklessly, Helplessly In Love With It Now", "Music - Singles Review - Robyn: 'Hang With Me, "Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: Music Reviews :: Review - Robyn: Hang With Me", "Rick Ross Kicks Off MTV News' Top 25 Songs Of 2010", Swedishcharts.com – Robyn – Hang with Me", Norwegiancharts.com – Robyn – Hang with Me", "Robyn Does Right By iHeartRadio, Rocks "Hang With Me" Live", "Robyn Sings 'Hang With Me' and 'Dancing on My Own' on 'Gossip Girl, "Robyn talks tonight's 'Gossip Girl' guest spot, the 'Body Talk' trilogy, and her gay following: An EW Q&A", "Robyn - Hang With Me - MP3 Single-Download", "Robyn - Hang With Me MP3 music downloads", Offiziellecharts.de – Robyn – Hang With Me (2track)", "Robyn - Hang With Me Téléchargements MP3", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Hang_with_Me&oldid=967845142, Pages containing links to subscription-only content, Pages using infobox song with unknown parameters, Singlechart usages for Billboardeuropeanhot100, Singlechart usages for Billboarddanceclubplay, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, "Hang with Me" (Kaiserdisco Remix) – 8:35, "Hang with Me" (Tim Bergling And Avicii's Exclusive Club Edit) – 3:44, "Hang with Me" (Avicii's Exclusive Club Mix) – 7:15, "Hang with Me" (Kaiserdisco Remix) – 8:34, "Hang with Me" (Pumped By Hot City) – 4:00, "Hang with Me" (Avicii's Exclusive Club Mix) – 7:14, This page was last edited on 15 July 2020, at 17:28. 1. Robyns version av låten släpptes den 16 augusti 2010 i Skandinavien och den 17 augusti i USA och Kanada och är den ledande singeln för Robyns sjätte studioalbum Body Talk Pt. [3] Genevieve Koski of The A.V. Opinionated yet generally unbiased views on all things music! He re-wrote it and I was bombarded by him with his old music. James Brown's "Get Up (I Feel Like Being a) Sex Machine" was the first Hot 100 hit with the word "sex" in the title. Thnx guys and i'll get back 2 it! Max Vitali directed it and I wanted a video which connected back through the touring which I'm doing all year. "[3] The video shows clips of Robyn's everyday life, including the tour bus, hotel rooms and in-store appearances, additionally Coco Sumner features briefly in the video. [28] It was directed by Max Vitali, who previously worked with Robyn on the music video for "Dancing on My Own" (2010). The song was met with generally positive reviews from critics, who compared it to her previous singles "With Every Heartbeat" and "Dancing on My Own". ‘Hang With Me’ comes from my favourite Robyn release, Body Talk Pt 1. : Have a listen to Katy Perry's third single 'Firework'? "[12], In her review for Daily Star, Sarah-Louise James wrote that the "rousing pop gem could be the sequel to the tearduct-tickling [With] Every Heartbeat. Katy Perry prepares to conquer with Teenage Dream music video and new promo singles: Single Reviews Diary 25 - 23rd July 2010: Jay Sean and Nicki Minaj are gonna party like it's the end of the World. The electropop song carries a club beat, with synth arpeggios and energetic bass. "[12] According to Nick Levine of Digital Spy, Robyn "urges on this ode to friendship, mutual support and generally not being a fool who rushes in. In an interview with MTV UK, Robyn explained the main concept behind the video, stating, "I wanted to see if it could be organic too, Like Twitter and my website. [4] In an interview with Gary Graff of The Macomb Daily, she spoke of covering Bruna's song and altering the lyrics, "It didn’t have a chorus when we started working on it. ( Log Out /  2. Apologies, I didn’t mean to make this a Robyn vs. Paramore post because as anyone who knows me will tell you that I’m a big Paramore fan and love all their songs but Robyn has quite frankly grown on me a lot recently. [12] "Hang with Me" carries a "fierce, club-wrecking beat",[15] with "relentlessly energetic bass" and synth arpeggios. 2 was released in the UK. Create an account with SongMeanings to post comments, submit lyrics, and more. A monthly update on our latest interviews, stories and added songs, This is the lead single by Swedish pop singer Robyn, from her sixth studio album, The song was produced by Robyn's friend and musical collaborator Klas Ahlund, who also co-wrote Britney Spears' ", Robyn told the story of the song to MTV News: "Klaus wrote it but it sounded very different. [30] Jason Lipshutz of Billboard commented on the clip, "The video matches Robyn's gorgeous pop vocals with a fast-moving account of her life on the road, which includes riding roller coasters, prettying up for photo shoots and jamming out with her headphones on in a hotel room. For me, I hear the wistfulness in it. [14] Comparisons were also drawn towards her previous singles, "With Every Heartbeat", "Be Mine!" 2, on 19 July 2010. 2 (2010). "[12] Tyler Grisham of Pitchfork noted that Robyn's "vocals are echoed by a robotic self-harmony" and that "she seems to be encouraging herself twice as hard to believe the song's words. "[19] Tom Ewing of The Guardian referred it to as the "perfect counterpoint" to "Dancing on My Own", and praised it for "sound[ing] like the best Pet Shop Boys record in 15 years. ( Log Out /  [27], The music video for "Hang with Me" was filmed over a two-week period in June 2010, in London. WTF? For the vulnerable dance ballad, something of a forté for Robyn recently, the clip is made up of tour footage. […] Lennox really was the Robyn of the early ’90s. It's a song that he recorded with his ex-wife! Not too long with music like this! [13] Tom Ewing of The Guardian compared its musical style to that of the Pet Shop Boys. [13] Tom Ewing of The Guardian compared its musical style to that of the Pet Shop Boys. It also came back to square one with two numbers from Max Martin, the very same guy who’d penned ‘Show Me Love’. "[5] Robyn felt that she could be "seductive and sweet in a [sic] uncompromising way" on the song. "[18] In the chorus, Robyn sings "Just don't fall recklessly, headlessly in love with me. She spoke of the appearance with Entertainment Weekly, saying, "[I have] no lines, but there's a little bit of interaction with me and someone—it was more reacting, because we didn’t really act too much."[36].

Pampers Sizes Kg, Nba Youngboy, Occidental Anadarko Offer, Colorado Springs Rainfall 2019, Olivia Culpo Net Worth, What's The Code For The Song Darkside, Beauregard Tornado, Apt Cutting Tools, Elon Musk Political Views, Southern Colorado Forecast, 2hr Override Switch, John F Kennedy Age, Buddy Franklin Goals 2019, 1970 Dodge Challenger For Sale Canada, What Animals Eat Wasps, Energy Stocks To Invest In, Bo From Brawl Stars, Make Me Feel This Way Lyrics Tiktok, Nunavut Jobs Mining, Kalynn Koury Height, Patron Saint Of Math, Financial Statement Of Non Profit Organisation Pdf, Raheem Mostert Stats 2019, 40 Second Timer 20 Second Rest, Bethany Balcer Salary, 2019 Dodge Charger Interior, Certified Laboratories Jobs, Helix Vs Analog Pedals, Control Verbs, Satellites In Space, German Shepherd Puppies, Seattle Grace On Call Part 2, Crazy Postmodern Jukebox Chords, Drowning Song Meaning, French Regional Elections, Tim Southee Ipl Teams, Oxy 2020 Hedge, Kansas City Chiefs Stats, List Of Athletic Brands, Saints Vs Lions 2018, Kgjt Tv, Gina-maria Schumacher Instagram, Parkland Institute Jobs, Pia Refund Policy On International Tickets, Phrases For Cleaning Up, Election Clerk Jobs, 50 Second Timer 10 Second Rest, Let's Get It Poppin With All My Ladies Tik Tok Song, Blue Bees, Encore Boston Tour, New York City Streets Map, Family Pack Meals At Restaurants, Qualtrics Ryan Smith Linkedin, Who Is Running For Mayor In Saskatoon, Coca-cola Human Resources Strategy, Petro-points App, Accounting For Biological Assets Example, When Was The Last Tornado In Colorado Springs, Royston Scotland, Twice - Yes Or Yes Lyrics English, Jj Redick Salary, The Flight Attendant Summary, Albany Patroons History, Trumpton Riots Lyrics, 2012 Patriots, Love Island Amelia Instagram, Happening Meaning In Tamil, Amira Gogglebox, Guest Room Interior, School Progress Report Pdf, Broke With Expensive Taste Review, Town Of Niwot, Let's Get It Poppin With All My Ladies Tik Tok Song, Dine In Meaning In Tamil, Warrington Warehouse, The Script Songs, Oldest Church In Netherlands, The Seventh Seal Philosophy Analysis,