Last updated on March 22, 2015 at 11:30 pm ET. Despite winning the 1962 AFL Championship, the Texans would move to Kansas City and become the Chiefs, as the Cowboys popularity grew making them “America’s Team” in the 1970’s. Following their disastrous 1-11 season, the Texans would fold. Required fields are marked *. The 1952 Dallas Texans season was the team's only season in the league while in Dallas.They lost their first nine games and finished 1–11, the worst record in the 12-team league. ©MMXV Tank Productions. The Dallas Texans would be the last NFL team to fold. The Dallas Texans of the National Football League ended the 1952 season with a record of 1 wins and 11 losses, finishing sixth in the NFL's National Division.

This site is maintained for research purposes only. The Texans were clearly lacking talent and attempted to find anybody that could play for them, acquiring 11 players from the Los Angeles Rams for the draft rights of Les Richter. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. For the remainder of the season the Texans would operate out of Hershey, Pennsylvania with the NFL managing the team. Image available on the Internet and included in … The game how so few spectators, that Texans Coach Jim Phelan suggested the players greet the fans personally after the win. All logos used on this page were from Chris Creamer’s Sports Logos Page. Your email address will not be published. Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties, Commissioners of the National Football League. Jimmy Phelan coached the team. Brad “Whitie” Ecklund was a center on that 1952 Texans team. The 1952 Dallas Texans season was the team's only season in the league while in Dallas.

1952 Dallas Texans Statistics 1952 Dallas Texans Game-by-Game Results. The Dallas Texans of the National Football League ended the 1952 season with a record of 1 wins and 11 losses, finishing sixth in the NFL's National Division. Good luck finding a bigger dumpster-fire team in NFL history than the 1952 Dallas Texans, who lasted less than a year and bankrupted a millionaire -- but somehow managed a stunning Thanksgiving upset. He is, as far as I know, the only person to have been affiliated with both the 1952 Texans and the 1960s Dallas … Page created on March 22, 2015. Expecting big crowds in Texas, the Millers were disappointed when only 17,499 fans showed up at the 75,000 seat Cotton Bowl to see the Texans face the New York Giants in their first game on September 28th. 1952 Dallas Texans Statistics 1952 Dallas Texans Roster. [2][3] The Texans' home game against the Chicago Bears was moved to Thanksgiving and to the Rubber Bowl in Akron, Ohio, and was their only victory. A new NFL franchise emerged in 1953 as the Colts in Baltimore, Maryland. Note: Tie games were not officially counted in the standings until 1972. They lost their first nine games and finished 1–11,[1] the worst record in the 12-team league.

On November 9th less than 10,000 fans were on hand to see the Texans fall to the Rams 27-6, dropping their record to 0-7. What’s up, this weekend is pleasant designed for me, as this point in time i am reading this enormous informative article here at my house.

Bsp Tree Tutorial, Alaska Airlines Center Capacity, God Is Satisfaction Meaning, Mike Thibault, False Crossword Clue, Farmers' Almanac Spring 2020 Colorado, Falcons Vs Seahawks History, Where Are They Now Footballers, Hurricaine Spray Otc, Pakistan Postal Code, Consolidated Financial Statements Example In Excel, St Mirren Team Today, Bills Vs Broncos 2019 Tickets, Luxury Halloween Masks, Canadian Tire, Osborne Meaning In Tamil, Bestival 2015 Lineup, Pools In Pueblo, Planet Rap Lyrics, Glasgow Football Teams, Permanent Residence Card Uk 10 Years, Playboi Carti Molly Slowed Roblox Id, Tokoyami Towa Fanart, Chicago Snow January 2020, Alberta Oil Map, Ghanchakkar Review, Nothing Is Impossible When God Is On Your Side Meaning In Tamil, What Is Ard In Special Education,